About BRA Day
Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day is an initiative designed to promote education, awareness and access for women who may wish to consider post-mastectomy breast reconstruction.
It is a collaborative effort that includes plastic surgeons specializing in breast surgery, plastic surgery nurse specialists, the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation, Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons, medical device industry representatives and breast cancer support groups.
Mission Statement and Vision
Develop and advance an internationally recognized annual day that promotes awareness and access to post-cancer reconstructive breast surgery
Prior to undergoing breast cancer therapy, all women will be offered information about the options for reconstructive breast surgery and be provided access to breast reconstruction in a safe and timely manner
- Reconstructive breast surgery has a positive effect on quality of life for women requiring breast reconstruction
- All women who are candidates for breast reconstruction should be made aware of the options available to them
- All women who are candidates for breast reconstruction should be offered treatment in a safe and timely manner
- Develop a national breast reconstruction awareness day beginning 2011
- National in scope
- Coordinated events in main centers across the country
- Integrate media, industry, marketing, public relations, celebrity endorsement into process
- Start with a national focus and allow to develop over several years into an internationally recognized day
Last update: April 18, 2013
Save the date!
Third Annual International Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day will take place on October 16, 2013
Contact your local event coordinator for more information
See the 2012 Gallery with event photos and videos from across the world.