About BRA Day
Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day is an initiative designed to promote education, awareness and access for women who may wish to consider post-mastectomy breast reconstruction.
It is a collaborative effort that includes plastic surgeons specializing in breast surgery, plastic surgery nurse specialists, Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Willow Breast Cancer Support Canada, corporate sponsors, and breast cancer organizations.
Mission Statement and Vision
Develop and advance an internationally recognized annual day that promotes awareness and access to post-mastectomy reconstructive breast surgery
Prior to undergoing breast cancer therapy, all women will be offered information about the options for reconstructive breast surgery and be provided access to breast reconstruction in a safe and timely manner
- Reconstructive breast surgery can have a positive effect on quality of life for women requiring breast reconstruction
- All women who are candidates for breast reconstruction should be made aware of the options available to them
- All women who are candidates for breast reconstruction should be offered treatment in a safe and timely manner
Willow Breast Cancer Support Canada
Willow Breast Cancer Support Canada is a national non-profit organization that provides breast cancer help and practical information to all Canadians. From the start, Willow has been a key partner in the development of Breast Reconstruction Awareness (BRA) Day and is pleased to be the national coordinator of BRA Day in Canada.
Willow is there for women on BRA Day and throughout the year:
- Peer support “helpline” where callers can speak to a woman who has been through the breast reconstruction journey
- Canadian resource materials on mastectomy, breast reconstruction and breast cancer
- Information and support for high risk (BRCA) women considering prophylactic mastectomy and reconstruction
- Educational seminars offered locally and through live stream to ensure access to all Canadians
- Willow’s Show and Tell Lounge allows women to see firsthand what breast reconstruction can achieve
We listen. We Care. We’ve been there.
Contact us at 1 (888) 778-3100 or firstname.lastname@example.org